2 minute read
1. Identify what you are so afraid of
Then, imagine your worst fear coming to fruition and breathe through it. How would you handle it?
2. Fear of failure is a common obstacle to pursuing your dreams
Ask yourself: am I willing to allow fear, rather than my unique talents, to be the deciding factor?
3. Courage is about taking responsibility for your own life
Ask yourself: in which situations have I cast people as villains or myself as a victim? What other story could I tell? What payoff would I need to give up to do this?
4. We're scared to make a change
This is because we worry about what ‘everybody’ will think. But psychologists have found that our ‘everybody’ is usually five or six people! Practise thinking ‘so what?’ when this thought arises.
5. Have the courage to accept what you cannot change
Sometimes the bravest thing we can do is to walk away from something that isn’t working, whether it’s a relationship or a project. You’ll have the energy to move on to something new.
Sign up for Margie Warrell’s ‘Train The Brave Challenge’ here.