Thinking about your desired outcome, ask yourself the following questions:
- Possibility – do I believe it is possible to achieve this? Not just for me, but for anyone?
- Ability – do I believe I have the ability to do this?
- Deservedness – do I believe that I deserve to have this?
If you answer ‘no’ to any of the questions, what would have to be different for you to answer ‘yes’?
Create your dream team
Make a list of the following people in your life:
- People who love you unconditionally.
- Role models – people you admire, who have achieved things you would like to achieve.
- Champions – people who support you, believe in you and who see the best in you.
- Listening ears – friends who will always be there to provide understanding and wisdom.
- Tough-love friends who will tell you the truth, challenge you and give you a kick up the backside if you need one.
Contact them all separately or, even better, gather them together for a meeting and ask them for help with something you want to achieve.
Write a topic list
This is not a to-do list or a shopping list, but a list that will reveal some of your hidden thoughts and attitudes about any particular topic. You can write a list about any topic: food, your health or appearance, other people, work, study, love, money, relationships, your family, exercise… anything that you are struggling with, or would like to change.
Write the topic at the top of the piece of paper and, then, without thinking too much, write all the words and phrases that pop into your mind in connection with this topic.
Keep going until you cannot come up with any more. It is important not to edit or delete anything. When you’ve finished, look at the list and notice how it reveals your beliefs about this topic. What does this teach you about why you may be struggling with this aspect of your life?