This simple recipe combines wholesome ingredients to create strawberry chia jam and almond muffins - sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Makes: 12 muffins
- 200g of strawberries
- 3 tbsp of chia seeds
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1 vanilla pod
- 300g of ground almonds
- 300ml of full fat coconut milk (from a can)
- 2 organic free range eggs
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 vanilla pod scraped
1. Preheat oven to 180° C
2. To make the muffins mix the almonds, salt and baking soda together in a bowl. In another bowl, mix the coconut milk, eggs, honey and 1 vanilla pod scraped. Combine together and pour the mixture into muffin paper holders, but only fill them 2/3 full as they will rise.
3. Bake the muffins for 20 minutes until just cooked through and golden on top.
4. While the muffins are baking put the strawberries, honey and vanilla bean pod in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour into a bowl and stir in the chia seeds. Let this sit for 15 minutes stirring every 5 until it thickens into a jam like consistency.
5. Top the muffins with the strawberry jam and enjoy.
Recipe courtesy of seasonalberries.co.uk