No such thing as perfect
Write down the answers to the following in your journal:
- Do you strive to achieve excessively high standards at work?
- Do you focus on what you haven’t achieved instead of what you have?
- Do your colleagues tell you that you set standards that are too high?
- Are you afraid of failing to meet the standards you’ve set for yourself?
- Is your self-esteem dependent on achieving your career goals?
- Do you work late, even if it means missing out on other things in life?
- Do you delay tasks because you’re afraid of failure, or not meeting your own high standards?
On Hannah's journey to keep her perfectionism in check, she worked with Dynamic You therapy clinics. For more information, head to dynamicyou.org