Psychologies Monthly Photographic Competition: Terms and Conditions
- The competition will run each month on www.psychologies.co.uk).
- The closing date for entries is midnight on the last Friday of each month.
- The competition is open to all residents of the UK , Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland aged 18 and over. If an entrant is under 18 years old they may only submit entries with the written permission of a parent or guardian. The completion is not open to employees of PM, PMC, Kelsey Publishing Group (“KPG”), and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their families, agents, or anyone connected with this competition, including the third party promotional partners.
- Entry is limited to one picture per person for each month’s competition. Multiple entries will lead to disqualification. Entrants should send their picture, along with a brief caption of up to no more than 50 words, their name, address, telephone number, date and location of the photograph to email@example.com .
- Each entrant must submit their entries by email only (not by post) attached in jpeg format at 300dpi up to 5MB.
- There will be one winner each month. The winning image will be published in the subsequent month’s issue of PM along with a credit to the winner. The winner will also be announced on the PMC website. A new theme for the following month’s competition will be set at the same time.
- A selection of other images which are judged to be highly commended may also be published in PM and on PMC.
- Any breach of these competition rules by an entrant will void their entry.
- Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to local call charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
- An eligible entrant must be an individual and must submit an entry in the form required by PM as set out in these terms and conditions.
- PM takes no responsibility for any entries that are lost, delayed, illegible, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid.
- By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. PM reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants for violating any of these terms and conditions. PM reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on PMC. Entries may be rejected at the sole discretion of the judges including for reasons of obscenity, defamation or invasion of privacy.
- Entrants represent and warrant that they are the photographer and author of the photograph. Entrants also warrant that their entry does not infringe the privacy rights, copyright or any other rights of any person. Each entrant warrants that their entry is an original work and that it has not been previously published.
- Obscene or inappropriate photographs will not be accepted and PM reserves the right to reject any photographs for any reason. Prior to submitting a photograph of any identifiable individual, entrants should advise any subjects within the entry of the purpose of the submission and that their photograph may be published by PM (including in Psychologies Magazine or on PMC), and entrants should obtain the consent of such subjects in writing. In the event that the subject is a minor, written consent of a parent or guardian must be secured. Each entrant agrees to indemnify PM for any loss, damages, costs, expenses and any liability howsoever arising out of any breach of any warranty under this clause m.
- Submission of an email to firstname.lastname@example.org will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of PM.
- Kelsey Publishing Group Ltd. uses a Multi Layered Privacy Notice giving you brief details about how we would like to use your personal information. For full details visit www.kelsey.co.uk or call 01959 543524. If you have any questions please ask as submitting your data indicates your consent, until you choose otherwise, that we and our partners may contact you about products and services that will be of relevance to you via direct mail, phone, email and SMS. You can opt-out at ANY time via email email@example.com or 01959 543524.
- The winner will be notified by email within 15 days of the closing date. All reasonable endeavors will be made to contact the winner during this time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, PM reserves the right to choose another winner.
- There is no prize of value. The winner will be the entrant whose photograph, in the opinion and at the sole discretion of the judges, demonstrates the best photographic interpretation of the theme.
- There is no cash or other alternative to publication of the photograph and name in PM and on PMC and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- The judges’ decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The judges reserve the right not to select any winner(s) if none or an insufficient number of the entries are deemed to be of high enough quality for publication in PM.
- PM will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the competition.
- Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries; however, by entering, all entrants give PM and KPG, a worldwide royalty free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use all or segments of each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes relating to this competition and to the publicity and promotion of this competition in future years. In particular, all entrants license PM the right to publish their entry on PMC and in print. Where an image is used, the photographer will be credited. Publication of any entry does not necessarily mean that the entrant has won a prize and no consideration shall be due or payable, or compensation awarded, in the event of publication without any prize being awarded.
- PM reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition if, in their sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. PM reserves the right to substitute a prize in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
- The promoter of this prize draw is Psychologies Magazine (address below).
- For a list of winners, please send a stamped envelope to Kelsey Publishing Group, Cudham Tithe Barn, Berry’s Hill, Cudham, Kent TN16 3AG.
Urban Retreat hammams offer
1. Only valid for use in The Moroccan Hammam marocMaroc at Urban Retreat.
2. Two Signature Hammam rituals are available to experience both with a friend or individually on separate occasions.
3. Both Signature Hammams must be booked and experienced by 31 October 2015.
4. The offer is non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be redeemed in part of whole for cash.
5. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, Urban Retreat require a minimum or 24 hours’ notice prior to your booking time.
6. The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
7. Promoter: Urban Retreat Limited. One Horse Guards Avenue, London SW1A 2HU
8. This voucher is only valid for use at Urban Retreat at Harrods, Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7XL
9. Bookings are subject to availability.
Psychologies Positive Beauty Awards 2014
1. To enter, you must tweet us with a picture or description of what ‘positive beauty’ means to you @psybeauty #positivebeauty2014 and our favourite tweet will win a selection of award-winning products from the Psychologies Beauty Awards 2014 worth more than £600, including items from Batiste, Tara Smith, Antonia Burrell, Ila, L'Oreal, Philip Kingsley, Pureology, Balance Me, The Organic Pharmacy, Elemis, Benefit, Weleda, Moroccanoil, L'Occitane, Clarins, La Roche-Posay, Kiehl's, Aromatherapy Assosiates, De Mamiel and Burt's Bees. Entry is restricted to one per person. Once submitted, entries cannot be amended in any way.
2. This competition is open to all UK residents aged 18 or over. This competition excludes employees of Kelsey Media or any of their subsidiary companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. You are providing your information to Kelsey Media and not to Twitter. The information you provide will only be used for the purpose of establishing contact with you should you win. You need a Twitter account to enter.
4. The closing date for all entries is midnight on Thursday 25 September 2014. Entries received after this time will not be entered into the competition.
5. There will be one winner who will be selected by Psychologies at their absolute discretion from all valid entries and notified by a Twitter post, including the winner’s Twitter handle, after Thursday 25 September 2014. We will respond to the winning tweet and notify them that they have won by Friday 3 October 2014. We will then obtain further information from the winner via the firstname.lastname@example.org email address. Psychologies’ decision is final. If Psychologies is unable to trace the winner within a 48-hour period of sending the notification email, then Psychologies will be entitled to withdraw the offer and another winner will be selected at random.
6. Psychologies reserves the right to substitute a prize of the same, higher or lower value should the specified prize become unavailable for reasons beyond its control. Cash or credit alternatives will not be offered. The prize is not transferable in the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of the promotion, including the allocation of more prizes than are available. Psychologies reserves the right to end or suspend the promotion or to amend these terms and conditions.
7. Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
8. The winner may be required to participate in publicity connected with this promotion and it is a condition of entry that the winner agrees to their name and county of residence being made publicly available if they win.
9. Psychologies will not be liable for any failure of receipt of entries and takes no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, illegible, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid.
10. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
11. Psychologies’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. This promotion is governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
12. The Promoter of the competition is Psychologies, Kelsey Media, Cudham Tithe Barn, Berry’s Hill, Cudham, Kent TN16 3AG.
Legal Notice and Disclaimer
This web site has been created, and is maintained, by and on behalf of Kelsey Publishing Ltd. The following are the terms and conditions of use of this web site, and if you do not accept these you must not use the web site. Use of this web site is taken to mean that you have accepted these terms and conditions. Unless specified, all intellectual property rights pertaining to or included in this web site and its contents are the exclusive property of Kelsey Publishing Ltd. Any unauthorised reproduction and/or use is strictly prohibited, unless written permission has been granted by Kelsey Publishing Ltd. The information contained in this web site is intended for general information only. Kelsey Publishing Ltd makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy or availability of such information, and shall not be responsible in any way for any use of or reliance on such information by any person. Kelsey Publishing Ltd is not responsible for any sites that may be accessed from links contained in this web site, and makes no representation or warranty as to their availability, or the suitability or accuracy of their content. If you choose to link to these sites you do so at your own risk. Kelsey Publishing Ltd makes no representation or warranty that use of this web site, or materials downloaded from it, will not cause computer virus infection or other damage to property. You are advised to ensure that you have adequate measures to prevent any such problems. These Terms and Conditions of Use may be changed from time to time, and you are responsible for regularly reviewing this information to ensure that you are aware of any changes. These Terms and Conditions of Use are governed By English law, and any dispute connected with this site is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Statement of Terms and Conditions of Use
This web site is owned and maintained by Kelsey Publishing Ltd. The use of this web site is subject to the following terms and conditions which you should read carefully. If you proceed to access any information on our web pages this will constitute your acceptance of these terms and conditions which means that you agree to be legally bound by them. If you do not wish to accept any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our web site. Please take the time to read these terms and conditions of use of the Kelsey Publishing Ltd web site(s). The contents of this web site, including these terms and conditions of use, are subject to change by us, without notification and it is your responsibility to ensure that you have read and understood them. Please note that the acceptance of these terms and conditions includes the giving of your consent as is required under The Data Protection Act 1998 to the processing of your personal information as is necessary to carry out your instructions concerning the Online Payments Service.
Copyright © Kelsey Publishing Ltd These pages are copyright protected, unless stated otherwise. All rights reserved. You are only allowed to print, download or temporarily store extracts from our Internet web site(s) for your personal, non-commercial use, or information or when you use the Internet Online Payments Service. You must keep any copyright or other notices contained in the original material on any of the material you download. You are not allowed to alter, copy, distribute, transmit, display, reproduce, or transfer anything on this web site and any other use is prohibited unless you first get our express written consent. No one may use any part of our internet web site(s) on any other web site, or link any other web site to our internet web site(s), without such consent. The law of England and Wales applies to these terms and conditions and to the content of our web site(s)
We collect web statistics automatically about your visit to our site. This information is used to aid development of the website and its content and to audit usage of the site. The information gathered in this way will not be used for any other purpose. These statistics do not contain personal data and cannot be traced back to an individual. If you have any concerns about the processing of your personal data by us please contact our Data Protection Officer for further information.
Kelsey Publishing Ltd is committed to the highest standards of quality of information. If there are any items of incorrect information would you please contact our IT Services Team and advise which page contains the error.
Kelsey Publishing Ltd makes every effort to ensure that information contained in these pages is accurate and up to date. However, we cannot guarantee that inaccuracies will not occur and we cannot give you any warranty nor can we make any representation regarding the accuracy or completeness of the content of our web site. Kelsey Publishing, it's employees or agents cannot be held responsible for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of use of this web site, or reliance on the information provided or any other information accessed via these web pages. Kelsey Publishing Ltd accepts no liability for any such loss, damage or inconvenience and it is up to the User to satisfy himself of the suitability of the web site(s) which he uses entirely at his own risk. Access to and use of this web site is at the user's own risk and Kelsey Publishing Ltd does not warrant that the use of this web site or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property, including but not limited to loss of data or computer virus infection. Kelsey Publishing Ltd is not responsible for the contents or accuracy of any linked web sites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. These links are provided for your convenience and do not imply that we endorse or support those organisations, the information on their pages, or their products or services in any way. These sites are not under the control of Kelsey Publishing Ltd and we cannot be responsible for their content. We cannot guarantee that these links will work at all times and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages. You link to such web sites at your own risk. Kelsey Publishing Ltd cannot be liable for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of such third party web sites.
- You agree to comply with the terms and conditions and any security procedures which apply at any time
- You agree not to discuss any security procedures with anyone else at any time
Processing your instructions
- An Instruction means any request or instruction to Kelsey Publishing Ltd which is effected through the On Line Payments Service.
- You request and authorise Kelsey Publishing Ltd to rely on and act upon all apparently valid instructions as instructions properly authorised by you, even if they may conflict with any other mandate given at any time concerning your accounts or affairs and Kelsey Publishing Ltd may debit your account with any amount it has paid or incurred in accordance with any instructions.
- An instruction will only be accepted by Kelsey Publishing Ltd if it has been effected through the On Line Payments Service using the appropriate Security Procedures but Kelsey Publishing Ltd will not further check the authenticity of an Instruction.
- You agree that Kelsey Publishing Ltd can act on any Instructions given to us even if these Instructions were not authorised by you.
- Kelsey Publishing Ltd may refuse to act on an Instruction.
- Kelsey Publishing Ltd may suspend or refuse the On Line Payments Service for any reason and at any time. (This should only be necessary if we suspect an error or fraud, or need to maintain the equipment).
- You must make sure that any Instruction is accurate and complete. Kelsey Publishing Ltd is not liable for any error if this is not the case.
- Kelsey Publishing Ltd will make reasonable efforts to process your Instruction without undue delay but a transaction being carried out is not always simultaneous with an Instruction being given. Some matters may take time to process and may only be processed during normal banking hours even although the On Line Payments Service may be accessible outside such hours.
- Kelsey Publishing Ltd will take reasonable care to ensure that any information provided to you by the On Line Payments Service is an accurate reflection of the information contained in our computer system or, where the information is provided by a third party, accurately reflects the information we receive from that third party. Due to the nature of the product and circumstances beyond our control, we do not warrant that the information provided by the On Line Payment Service is accurate or error free. If you rely on that information, you do so subject to the disclaimer above.
- Kelsey Publishing Ltd shall not be liable to you for any loss you may suffer due to any event or circumstances beyond our reasonable control which leads to the On Line Payments Service being unavailable.
- You agree that unless Kelsey Publishing Ltd specifically agrees with you otherwise, we shall have no liability whatsoever for any equipment, software or associated user documentation which any party other than us produces at any time for use in connection with the On Line Payments Service or, any services through which you access the On Line Payments Service or which you access through the On Line Payments Service which are not controlled by us
- Kelsey Publishing´s records, will be evidence of your dealings with us in connection with the On Line Payments Service. Our records will at all times remain as the valid record of any account.
- You agree not to object to the admission of our records as evidence in any legal proceedings because such records are not originals, are not in writing or are documents produced by a computer.
- You may not make, nor allow to be made, any alteration or amendment whatsoever to the information available on our web site(s) and On Line Payments Service. If any alteration or amendment is found by Kelsey Publishing Ltd to have been made, legal action may be instigated against you. Kelsey´s records will always override any other version you may produce.
- You are only allowed to print, download or temporarily store extracts from our internet web site(s) for your personal information or when you use the On Line Payments Service. You are not allowed to alter anything and any other use is prohibited unless you first obtain our specific written consent You may not, nor may you allow any other person to, use any part of our internet web site(s) on any other web site, or link any other web site to our internet web site(s), without such consent.
- In this document, the following references will include reference to Kelsey Publishing Ltd - 'Kelsey', ‘Kelsey Publishing Group´, ‘Kelsey Publishing´,'we', 'our', 'us'.
- Kelsey Publishing Ltd may at any time appoint one or more agents to provide all or any part of the On Line Payments Service and references to 'Kelsey', ‘Kelsey Publishing Group´, ‘Kelsey publishing´, 'we', 'us', or 'our' will include references to such agents.
- We may modify these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
- If you think we have made a mistake, please let us know and we will try to resolve matters. However, if you remain dissatisfied and would like further information on our process for resolving complaints, please see our complaints procedure on our website.