With extra guests over the Christmas period it is important for your guests to feel welcome and , but also maintain some form of order in our homes and our heads...
- Make yourself a to do list and involve the rest of your family too
- Leaving a basket by the front door will encourage guests to take their shoes off and save guests trips over a hallway full of shoes
- Always have spare loo roll in the toilet and add a few drops of essential oil onto the cardboard tube to keep the bathroom smelling clean and fresh
- Keep clutter at bay, put away special ornaments that could be broken and keep surfaces as clear as you can giving you extra space for gifts.
- Make up a few of your own cleaning products using festive scents such as cinnamon and oranges.
- Give your home a good air everyday through open those windows and let the fresh air in.
Lynsey Crombie, aka UK based 'cleanfluencer' Lynsey Queen of Clean, is publishing a Christmas edition of her bestselling book, How To Clean Your House, (Harper Collins, £12.99).