* 4 apples (skin on), roughly chopped
* 1 pear (skin on), roughly chopped
* 100ml water
* 100g rolled oats
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1 tbsp maple syrup
* 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
* Milk kefir yoghurt or dairy-free alternative, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C fan, gas mark 6.
- Place the apples, pear and water in a deep, heavy-based pan over a low-medium heat. Cook gently for 15 minutes until the fruit has softened.
- Add the oats, cinnamon, maple syrup and coconut oil to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Spread the fruit mixture over the base of a baking dish. Top with the oat mix and bake for 15-20 minutes until the oats are golden. To serve, top the crumble with a spoonful of milk kefir yoghurt.
Leftover crumble can be stored in the fridge for up to three days and reheated before serving.
The Gut-loving Cookbook: Over 65 deliciously simple, gut-friendly recipes from The Gut Stuff by Lisa and Alana Macfarlane (Pavilion, £16.99) is available in February 2022.
Photograph: Haarala Hamilton